Seeking cheerful, experienced local caregivers.
HIRING AND ONBOARDING PROCEDURE
STEP #1 – INITIAL CONTACT
Candidate emails resume to: email@example.com.
Owner calls candidate, schedules interview, and sends email confirmation.
STEP #2 - INTERVIEW
Candidate must bring:
- Completed employment application.
- Two reference letters written by non-family members, attesting to candidate’s suitability to work with children (including name, address, and phone number of referring individual).
STEP #3 – TRIAL DAY
A “working interview” when candidate is invited to spend time in a classroom.
Candidate must bring:
STEP #4 – VERIFICATION
Owner verifies candidate’s employment history and credentials.
STEP #5 – JOB OFFER
Owner emails written job offer and job description to candidate for signature.
STEP #6 – INITIAL PAPERWORK
Owner emails Personnel Policies Manual, Parent Handbook, and required forms for employee to complete and return by fax/email.
- Staff Data Sheet
- W4 Form
- I9 Form
- PA Residency Certificate
- Staff Emergency Contact Form
- Direct Deposit Form (optional)
STEP #7 – WELCOME MEETING WITH DIRECTOR
Employee must bring:
- Health Assessment and TB Test (dated within 12 months prior to start)
- Proof of Identification (original documents shown on last page of I-9 Form)
- Written verification of education (original diploma and/or college transcript)
- Mandated Reporter Training Certificate
- Health and Safety Training Certificate
- CPR/First Aid Certification Card (if employee is already certified)
STEP #8 - EMPLOYEE STARTS IN CLASSROOM
STEP #9 – EMPLOYEE’S FIRST MONTH
Within first month, employee completes:
- CPR/First Aid Training (if employee is not already certified)
- New Staff Orientation: Part I
- Coaching Session with Center Director
STEP #10 – EMPLOYEE’S FIRST 90 DAYS
Within first 90 days, employee completes:
- New Staff Orientation Part II
- Individual Professional Development Plan on PA Keys website
- Coaching Session with Center Director (occurs quarterly)
STEP #11 – EMPLOYEE’S FIRST YEAR
After 12 months, employee completes self-assessment and meets with Director for annual performance review.
To apply for employment with us, print and complete an employment application.
Please read our privacy statement.
Send application and inquiry forms by fax or scan/mail to:
(484) 461-7819 (fax)
this site copyright © thediscoverytree.net 2008-2017